Sunday, June 19, 2011

PE5-The Letter Generator

Are you ready to continue along with me on my adventure of becoming an expert with the Letter Generator Web 2.0?

Here we go!

By the way, did I mention earlier that this awesome tool is FREE? Yea, that's right, FREE!




Before I share a sample letter written by a student, I would like to share more with you about this cool tool.

This very useful tool can also serve as an excellent practice method for composing and proofreading formal and informal letters. 

As you can see in the above screen shot, this tool provides the writer with an opportunity to view a sample letter with all the essential parts of the letter labeled by simply clicking on the sample letter. Below you will find the sample letter.


During my lesson, I would have the above screen on my Smartboard for my students to use as a sample guide as to what their letter should look like. In addition, the students will be given a Letter Checklist which includes the requirements for successfully completing the assignment. 


I used this awesome Web 2.0 Tool with my group of 3rd and 4th grade special education students and I was so relieved to see them writing without complaining or constantly asking me for help, basically needing me to think for them. They were engaged and more willing to be risk-takers during Writer's Workshop, which doesn't occur very often. 


Thank you for joining me on my Letter Generator adventure. I hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did. Be sure to visit again real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment