Saturday, June 11, 2011

PE2_iMovie

Hello, I'm back to share more of my iMovie practical learning experience adventure. As I continued watching Chow's Training Videos via Lynda.com, I have learned so much more! In my past video projects, I usually tried to complete the entire project at once rather than short clips mainly because I really had no idea how to begin editing my projects. In fact, I did not attempt to do any editing at all until my last group project because I always feared losing my work after spending so many hours finally getting it recorded. Well, I am now fearless! Especially after learning I can trim a clip without actually losing my original clip. 


In addition, the days of me spending hours upon hours trying to create a video that contains no interruptions or starting the recording completely over because an unexpected sound or object has interfered with my recording are no more! After participating in Chow's online training, I feel so much more confident. Rather than recording a clip over or accepting the fact that there is an unwanted object in my video, I can simply crop the clip and the unwanted object disappears.



When choosing the crop feature, the clip appears in the viewer with a green edge as shown in the above screen shot. You can easily crop the clip by clicking and dragging any of the corners to zoom in, position the clip and click done. Sounds pretty easy, huh?  


Are you ready for yet another editing tool? I was pretty excited to learn about the advanced edit tool offered in the iMovie application. The edit tool will only appear on the tool bar if you have the advanced tool selected in preferences. So if you do not see the edit tool on the tool bar, simply click on iMovie, preferences, general, check show advanced tools. This editing tool allows you to add clips quickly and easily eliminating having to click and drag every clip to your project panel. I love it! I can't tell you how many times I was unsuccessful at clicking and dragging clips to my project. Often causing unnecessary frustration. Thank you for joining me on my training adventure in editing. I'm so excited to begin utilizing the editing features offered in the iMovie application.

No comments:

Post a Comment